UI / UX Designer
At Storyteq we’re looking for a motivated UI / UX Designer to join our team.
Our mission is to revolutionize the way creative assets are produced. Today, leading brands like Netflix, Heineken, Perfetti, Samsung, and Albert Heijn use our creative automation tool not only to save time and cut costs, but also to produce better, smarter creative assets on a global scale. For this, we offer our clients a SaaS platform. The company exists out of 30+ dedicated people working together to deliver a perfect solution for our clients.
Storyteq and its products are growing fast. So fast that our ideas for new features and improvements are outpacing our time to design them. We need you to balance the scales!
As UI / UX Designer you will join forces with our current designer, Koen, to visualize the ideas for the numerous Storyteq products, so that our talented development team can see what they have to build. Your design work will range from high-end UI’s where every pixel matters, to user flows and interactions that are more focused on detailed UX and making it as easy as possible for our clients to understand the product. You will work closely with a highly skilled team of developers who enjoy a technical challenge and maximizing product value. This team of combined design and development works in sprints where tasks are always a combination of roadmap features and the teams’ own input.
Knowledge of front-end development is a big plus. Besides making it easier for you to consider what impact your design has on the developer’s work, there’s always room to directly work on the product yourself too. If you are a UI / UX Designer that has ambitions to get into development, this is a great position to start.
One thing that’s important to realize is that you will be designing interfaces that are not directly visible to the general public. On a design level, this means that your UI design is primarily focused on making it easy to understand and work with, ideally while looking great.
Your main responsibilities
- Designing new features for the Storyteq Platform and Template Builder
- Designing new features for the Storyteq After Effects Extension
- Improving existing structures by redesigning them
- Learning or improving Front-End development skills by creating your own designs
Who are you?
- Have at least 2 years of experience with UI / UX Design
- Are located in the Netherlands and are able to come to our Amsterdam office (at least 2 days a week)
- Know your way around a UX tool like Adobe XD, Sketch, InVision, or any other that’s to your liking
- Have made a good number of runs in a team that works with AGILE project management (e.g. Scrum)
- Like solving complicated problems in a simple way
- Care deeply about the product you are building
- Don’t shy away from a challenge
- Are a team player
You would be an even more amazing colleague if you…
- Would love to learn it!
- Are skilled in other Adobe tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
Besides the obvious things such as a competitive salary, 25 holiday days, and ambitious colleagues, we offer you the chance to improve yourself and the company continuously. We also enjoy playing Mario Kart or Super Smash after a hard day of work and going on quarterly outings with the entire company.
Ready to join our fast-growing team? Please send your CV and motivation letter to Koen van de Beek at email@example.com.